Friday, October 8, 2021

 Riley Blake Project Tour: Sparkler

Good Morning everyone! 

Today I am sharing what I made with Riley Blake's new line, Sparkler by Melissa Mortenson! When I first saw this line, it made me think of fireworks on a warm summer night. So when I saw the Plaid Flag Quilt designed by my friend Mandi over at Sewcial Stitch, I knew this was the perfect quilt for Sparkler!

 



 Look at all of these beautiful colors with hints of gold and silver sparkles...

 


 Photo Credit: Fat Quarter Shop

 

You can find the pattern for Plaid Flag here!

And to see closeups of Sparkler check out the storyboard here!

 


 

The Sparkler colors I used for my Plaid Flag Quilt are:

Dark Denim

Redwood

Raspberry

Rose

White 

For the backing & binding of the quilt I used Riley Blake Basics. Patriotic Stars are a perfect match for the backing and for binding I used Red Gingham.

 


 

 I made the Baby size quilt from the pattern. Its the perfect size for beach picnics!

 

 

The free motion quilting was done on the Handi quilter Amara with white thread in a swirly pattern. It reminds me of windy days...

 

 

This is such a sweet summery quilt!

 


I'm trying to hang on to the warm summer weather for as long as I can. The leaves are already starting to change here and the nights are getting cooler. 



 

And once again no quilt photo shoot would be complete without Clarabell!

 

 

💛

Have a happy quilty weekend friends!

Jessie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Riley Blake Project Tour: Sparkler Good Morning everyone!  Today I am sharing what I made with Riley Blake's new line, Sparkler by Mel...