Monday, September 13, 2021

Riley Blake Project Tour Gingham Foundry

I am thrilled to show you the quilt I made for the Gingham Foundry project tour! This fabric line really grabbed me. Blue is my favorite color and throw in some gingham, dots and flowers and I was hooked! Visit the Storyboard for Gingham Foundry here for more inspiration!


The Pattern I used was Summer Picnic from Amanda Niederhauser's book Playful Precut Quilts. If you don't have this book yet, then you should grab it! So many fun quilts! I wanted a bit of a smaller quilt then the pattern made, so I took one row off of the side and bottom to make it the perfect throw size.

 This Pattern uses my favorite Precut, the Rolie Polie! These 2.5 inch strip rolls are so fun! I used 1 Rolie Poile in Gingham Foundry. For the background fabric I used a Riley Blake basic called Tiny Circles in the color Honey. It goes so perfectly with Gingham Foundry! The fabric I used for the backing is another Riley Blake basic, Denim Gunny Sack. The large Navy floral print in Gingham Foundry is just perfect for borders. It really shows off this gorgeous fabric. I just love how the honey colored binding frames the quilt so nicely!
 
This was quilted freehand on the Handi Quilter Amara with pale yellow thread in a fun double loop pattern.


And here is the full quilt! Isn't it gorgeous?! Its hanging on my quilt ladder right now, but it might be too pretty to use!
I hope you love this fabric line as much as I do. Its so pretty and it was so much fun to work with!
 

Have a great week friends!
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Riley Blake Project Tour: Sparkler Good Morning everyone!  Today I am sharing what I made with Riley Blake's new line, Sparkler by Mel...