Friday, May 7, 2021

Spring is in the Air

I just love Spring. Everything is blooming and growing... The world is just erupting with beauty and colors everywhere you look.. Spring is my favorite. And this quilt is everything I love about Spring.


Sigh. This beautiful fabric is New Dawn by Citrus and Mint Designs for Riley Blake. I have had this fabric in my stash for a while just waiting for the perfect quilt! I'm happy to say I finally found it! I'm using my favorite Precut: The Rolie Polie. 2.5 inch strips of loveliness.

I mean, look at these gorgeous prints! Bright colors, sweet strawberries, beautiful blooming flowers... it gives me all the Springy feels!

 

 

Photo Credit Riley Blake Designs

 

 I am making The Iris Quilt by Kitchen Table Quilting. This fabric and pattern are the perfect pair!! 

 

I'm pretty organized when I'm making a quilt. I like to label all the pieces and keep them in nice neat piles.


This way, I can just grab a stack and start sewing! I was so surprised at how quickly this quilt came together. It took me about a week start to finish!
 

And... here it is!!


 The top is done! So fast and so beautiful! Here are some close ups!


I just LOVE the stained glass effect the quilt has in the sun!


 

It was SO windy when we were taking pics, but I just went with it, and this ended up being one of my favorite pics!

 

Look at those adorable little violets peeking through! Spring has Sprung and its just so lovely!

 



This was such a fun quilt to make  I.m not one who usually makes the same quilt twice... ok I've never done it... but this one was so quick and easy that I already want to make another one!

Enjoy your weekend friends!

Jessie

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Riley Blake Project Tour: Sparkler Good Morning everyone!  Today I am sharing what I made with Riley Blake's new line, Sparkler by Mel...